|Ag Chairman: Carol Neff
3601 Klein School Rd
New Athens, IL 62264
6199 Wolf Rd
Kingston, IL 60145
RULES AND INFORMATION
- ONE ENTRY PER PERSON IN EACH CATEGORY.
- One entry form with list of items, PRINT Name, Grange, and County for EACH PERSON entering an item. Make extra copies of Form (if have a printer or bank, library, or other places may provide free copies).
- Circle either Vegetable, Field Crop, Fruit, Flowers, Antiques or Junior and note Jr. age group where required.
- Circle Item under each Category (e.g. Fruit, Grapes. etc.)
- Note how many items are required so you don’t get disqualified.
- Vegetables, Field Crops, and Fruit must be grown or harvested between 1 Sept. 2017 and Sept. 2018.
- Will be auctioned unless picked up prior to the time announced at State Grange Session.
- Flowers and Antiques can be from previous years. (Flowers not auctioned unless you want them auctioned.)
- Miniature Garden/Fairy Garden—MAY NOT BE MADE FROM A KIT.
- Be creative, but ideas are also available in magazines, on the computer, at libraries, etc.
- Suggestions: Use items from your yard, garden, or woods (twigs, stones, small branches, nuts, pinecone scales, pebbles, etc.), can cover a small birdhouse with items from nature (twigs, pinecone scales, pebbles, etc.) Use doll house miniatures, jelly beans, small silk blossoms, spongy moss, miniature items, sheet moss with adhesive backing (available at hobby stores, etc.), etc.
- Base can be slices of wood, low sided plastic container, or other items easy to transport.
- Flower Arrangement:
- Flowers may be grown in the garden OR purchased.
- Judging will be done on how they are arranged and flowers used.
- Size—30” or smaller in either direction
- Antiques: (Farm Related or Household Antiques)
- 1930 or any year prior to 1930.
- Will be judged but WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE AUCTION.
JUNIORS OR children or grandchildren of Grange members if a Grange does not have a Junior Grange. The Juniors will be judged along with the adults—MAKE SURE TO NOTE THAT IT IS A JUNIOR ENTRY.
- Circle AGE category on entry form—The age of the child as of September 2018.
- Fill out top of entry form with name, Grange, and county.
- Gourd Birdhouse The Gourd can be grown or purchased. (Wren)
- Child must decorate the gourd for the birdhouse but parent can drill the hole (Quarter size through 1”)
- Poster on declining population of Monarch Butterflies OR Bees OR Bats.
- Show about declining population and how we can help them.
- No limit to size.
- Many juniors, children, and grandchildren help their parents garden so Juniors may enter the Vegetable Category. If children are not gardening, this may encourage them to do so.